Tuesday, June 24, 2008

San Diego with Grammie and Hotrod!

This last weekend Brian had to be in Chicago for a certification seminar for four days, so I jumped in the car with my mom and dad and headed to San Diego. I don't like staying home alone, so when mom and dad said they were going, I invited myself and Kaid along! (Thanks mom and dad, we had a great time!) On Friday we went to the Del Mar Far, which I love to do, but Brian really doesn't, so I haven't been in years. It was so much fun! The best part was watching the wonder, amazement and excitement that never left Kaid's face. It was overwhelmingly exciting for him! We went on the Farris Wheel, Hotrod took him on this giant slide, and then I took him on the carousel! He was in heaven. We also got to see all kinds of farm animals that we could touch, which is a dream come true for Kaid! He was even good while we walked through the vendor barns, thanks to the race car stroller we rented! The food was good, of course, and all in all it was very fun. Then on Saturday we had breakfast with Grammy and Hotrod and then spent to day with Brian's family. We went to the San Diego Zoo with Jack and Charly and Nancy, until we were fully cooked (it was over 100 degree's there the whole weekend :( ) and then spent the rest of the afternoon at Nana's and at the movie's. Kaid loves his uncle's, and Katie, so much that he didn't even care how hot it was!
We had such a great weekend! Thanks again Grammy and Hotrod!
Kaid and Hotrod at Seaport Village Petting a cow at the fair!
He was so tired when we left he didn't make it out of the
parking lot, or through his juice box!

Riding the turtle at the zoo
At the petting zoo with his cousin Charly He loved all the boats in the harbor!
Checking himself out after Hotrod bought him some new glasses!
Just before we got on the Ferris Wheel
On the big slide with Hotrod!

3 comments:

Ty and Jacki Hanks said...

was that a real turtle he was riding on? WOW! Totally cool! Now that you are back you get to do game night same time next week! :) hahaha

Tairi said...

Hey linnlee! Oh my goodness, I didnt think it has been that long since I have seen you. You are pregnant.......... and its a GIRL!! yeah!! Congrats. Kaid is so big and very cute. Stay in touch!

Analee said...

That is a really cute picture with Hot Rod but what is growing out of his ear?